If you have always wanted to learn how to make your own silver jewellery, this morning workshop is the perfect way to get started.
In this 3 hour workshop with jeweller Charlotte Berry, you will learn the technique of wax carving and make a beautiful ring and pendant using jewellers wax.
You will learn how to; create designs for carving, use a variety of wax tools, the process of wax carving and how to finish a wax design ready for casting. Your beautiful designs will then be sent off to Hatton Garden in London to be cast in sterling silver, and then returned to you by post 2 weeks later.
All tools and materials will be provided by Charlotte, alongside her expert tuition in a beautiful and relaxed rural setting.
What you’ll make:
- A variety of samples
- 1x ring to be cast in sterling silver
- 1x pendant (approx. 30mm x 20mm) to be cast in sterling silver
Included in the cost:
- Wax for all your samples and 2 finished designs
- Tuition (including information sheets)
- Casting of your 2 designs in sterling silver
- Finishing and polishing of your finished designs
- Return postage of your finished designs
- Additional items to cast (£10 - £20 each)
- Chains (from £8)
- Gold plating
- Stone setting
(Not suitable for children under 16)
About your tutor:
Charlotte is an award winning jeweller with over 15 years of experience hand making gold, platinum and silver jewellery in Oxfordshire.
Her beautiful designs are inspired by treasures of the past and heirlooms, and are made using traditional techniques and the finest materials. Charlotte has also been teaching jewellery making for over a decade making her the perfect tutor to get you started on your jewellery making journey.
The Coaching Barn
Littlestoke Manor Farm
Jewellery Wax Carving Workshop
Booking Terms & Conditions:
In order to cancel a contract, you must inform us in writing to the address set out at the end of these booking terms or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your notice of cancellation must be actually received by us on or before the relevant date set out below. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of £15.
- If your written request is received more than 30 days before the event is due to begin, you will be entitled to a full refund of the amount paid, less the administrative fee;
- If your written request is received within the 30 day period before the event, you will not be entitled to a refund unless a replacement student can be found for your place prior to the start date, less the administrative fee;
- Cancellations requested after the course/event has started will not be considered.
- If you fail to attend a course, event or session, no refund will be given, and no transfer request will be accepted.
If a class is cancelled or postponed for reasons for which we are responsible, such as staff illness, we will make every reasonable effort to reschedule the class to suit the majority of attendees, or add missed hours onto remaining classes.
Please note that all courses require a minimum number of attendees. If too few bookings are received, courses may be cancelled.